Prem Krishnamurthy (b. 1977) is a designer, author, and educator. He received the Cooper Hewitt National Design Award for Communications Design in 2015 and KW Institute for Contemporary Art’s “A Year With…” residency fellowship in 2018. His professional papers were acquired by Bard College’s Center for Curatorial Studies in 2019. In 2022, Domain Books published his book-length epistolary essay, On Letters, which was named one of Fast Company’s “Best Design Books of 2022”. Prem graduated with a B.A. in Fine Art from Yale College in 1999 and was awarded a Fulbright Fellowship to Germany the same year. He currently directs
Wkshps, a multidisciplinary design studio, and organizes Department of Transformation, an itinerant workshop that practices collaborative tools for social change. In addition to leading design projects with artists, cultural institutions, and nonprofit organizations across the world, he has curated several large-scale exhibitions. These include Oh, Gods of Dust and Rainbows, the 2022 edition of FRONT International, Cleveland Triennial for Contemporary Art; Our Silver City, 2094 at Nottingham Contemporary; and Ministry of Graphic Design in Sharjah, UAE. Previously, Prem founded the design studio Project Projects and the exhibition space P! in New York.
- Department of Transformation: Opening Night Talk with Prem Krishnamurthy (Fusebox 2023)
- Department of Transformation: Generosity (Fusebox 2023)
- Department of Transformation: Juxtaposition (Fusebox 2023)
- Department of Transformation: Bumpiness (Fusebox 2023)
- Department of Transformation: Cook-out (Fusebox 2023)
- Department of Transformation Workshop (Fusebox 2023)