The lead artist on the project must reside within the ten city council districts of Austin: https://www.austintexas.gov/page/city-council-district-map
Our festival is rooted in the live event. We work with all different kinds of artists working across a variety of mediums (dance, visual art, film, music, theatre, culinary, literary, etc), to create unique projects that celebrate the possibilities of live performance.
We encourage projects of all sizes seeking all ranges of support. Our support includes financial and/or in-kind (i.e. marketing, production, venue etc) depending on the project’s needs. Please keep in mind that Fusebox is rarely the only financial sponsor of a project. If you have questions about the scope of financial support available, please feel free to contact us.
We want to hear what’s exciting you right now. We welcome new projects of all shapes and sizes. We also welcome projects that live outdoors as well as inside venues. In the past, we’ve gravitated towards projects that:
- playfully invent and reimagine
- create an exchange between art forms
- challenge us to look at the world differently and/or with a fresh perspective
- engage with our city and its communities in unique ways
- celebrate a particular art form that is rooted in live performance